ABK 4 ASD
A fun, evidence-driven social skills program form primary school children with Autism Spectrum Conditions.
ABK 4 ASD is a modification of the ABK program, designed for children with Autism Spectrum Conditions. This program focuses on communication and teamwork, whilst also teaching fundamental skills to build self-regulation, self-confidence and resilience.
Outcomes for this group include:
- Increasing confidence,
- Increasing interpersonal communication skills,
- Increasing social skills and ability to work together with others,
- Improving physical skills,
- Improving problem solving skills, and
- Developing emotion and coping skills
These groups will be limited to 6 participants, with 2 support staff per group, meaning that our support ratio is 1:3. The program will be running for two age groups 5 – 7 and 8 – 10, with a mixture of outdoor and indoor interactions.
In order to ensure a good fit for the groups, our criteria are that your child:
- Has an Autism Spectrum Condition,
- Is verbal,
- Can participate within a general classroom environment,
- Can follow some direction,
- Can focus within a group situation, and
- Is aged between 5 and 10 years.
This program can be supported under the NDIS Capacity Building – Increased Social and Community Participation, Innovative Community Participation (Item line number 09_008_0116_6_3). At present, we are working with clients whom are either self-managed or plan-managed.
When registering for the program, please indicate in our notes section under your booking as to whether you are self or plan managed, and provide child’s name and the name, phone number, email address and physical address of the party to be invoiced.
To register now, please visit our join now page.