About Actively Balanced Kids
Actively Balanced Kids are evidence driven programs, designed for primary school children.
Actively Balanced Kids are fun programs designed to help children learn fundamental skills in wellness and help children manage stress, anxiety and regulation issues while improving self-confidence and building resilience.
Our main location is is St Matthew’s Church Hall the Crn Sherwood and Oxley Road in Sherwood. However we are also based at Sherwood, Corinda and Holland Park State Schools.
We use fun active team work games such as obstacle courses and parachutes to facilitate communication and teamwork, we then move onto yoga and yoga games before finishing with breathing and then a creative mindfulness/self reflection activity each week.
Actively Balanced Kids programs are for primary school children aged from 5 – 10 year olds and most programs are 45 minutes in length. Actively Balanced Kids also has a 3-4 year old program for younger children which is 30 minutes in length and includes all the traditional elements of ABK programs while also focusing on fundamental developmental skills, such as sharing and turn taking.
Our range of programs include:
-ABK Primary (our original ABK program)
– A 3-4 year old program,
– A Autism specific program
– Children’s yoga classes, and
– Mindfully Creative classes
All children who join for the term also have able access to our online portal which includes:
- Parenting toolkit developed by our child psychologist
- Short Personal training sessions for children written by a personal trainer.
- Sport and skills training videos from a professional athlete
- Mindfulness for children
- Fun breathing exercises for children
- Step by step yoga poses for children
- Active games for children that they can play by either by themselves or with siblings.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation for children
- Psychology videos for parents from a Child Psychologist